WKSCH016: Multi Color and Contour Cutting on the Vinyl Cutter
Class Number 1819-108330
In the advanced vinyl cutter class you will learn two advanced techniques. The first of which is cutting multiple colors of vinyl with registration marks so that all the colors can be perfectly aligned. This can make for even more interesting multi-color decals. This is particularly handy when making large signs with a multicolored logo.
The second is contour cutting. With this technique we will show you how to take a very large resolution image and print it to the wide format printer (with registration marks), then take that printout to the vinyl cutter and precisely cut around the image. If you've ever seen a fathead commercial where a cutout of a sports star or character from a movie is cut out along the contour of the character. This method will show you how to do that. Many of our members also use this technique to create large sheets of full color stickers to apply directly onto their product.
- Required: WKS537: Vinyl Cutter and Heat Press SBU
- Recommended:COM201: Adobe Illustrator for CNC; COM207: CorelDraw for CNC
Supervision requirements: During class, all 8- to 15-year-old students must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who is also enrolled in the class.
When using the vinyl cutter outside of class time, 8- to 15-year-old members must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian who has passed the SBU.
Safety: Closed-toed shoes are mandatory.
|TechShop Location:||TechShop Chandler|
|Room / Area:|
|Class Date:||Tuesday, Jun 27, 2017|
|Start Time:||6:00 PM|
|Class Length:||2.5 Hours|
|Member Price:||$79.00 Note: Active membership badge required at class check in.|
|Age Range:||8 and Up|
|Must Attend with Parent:||8 through 15|
Registration Notes and Disclaimers:
- This class has a required minimum enrollment of 2 students, you will be notified via email if it does not meet enrollment the day before the class session.
- All classes at TechShop are subject to change; we make every attempt to notify all registered students.
- Please ensure that we have correct contact information on file to contact you in the event of a schedule change.
- Individuals who register for a class as a member will be asked to present a valid member ID before entering the class. Any non-member taking the class who paid the member price, will be required to pay the difference at the front desk before the class begins.